This course curriculum is designed for service company equipment operators who are primarily responsible for the coiled tubing operational processes of well control. This curriculum identifies a body of knowledge and a set of job skills that can be used to provide well control training for coiled tubing operations personnel.
This course is designed for Supervisor, Engineer, and Coiled Tubing Operator.
The course is delivered by classroom mode of training based on IADC-approved presentation and training manual by an IADC-approved tutor.
The course is delivered over 3 days and the Assessment on 4th day at the respective Training Facilities.
1. Overview of Service Company Equipment Operator Coiled Tubing Well Control
3. Risk Awareness and Management
4. Well Control Principles & Calculations
8. Characteristics and Behaviour
1. Completion and Workover Fluids
2. General Overview of Surface and Subsurface Wellbore Equipment
4. Rigging Up
5. Pressure Control Equipment Barriers
6. Operational Considerations
7. Well Kill in Preparation of Well Interventions
8. Special Situations
9. Coiled Tubing Service Complications and Solutions
1. Organizing a Well Control Operation
3. Government, Industry and Company Rules, Order and Policies
4. Ancillary Considerations
5. Mock Test
Day 4: EXAMINATION
Course Certification: On the successful completion of the courses, participants will be awarded an IADC certificate featuring the candidate's name, courses title and the course completion date.