This course curriculum is designed for service company equipment operators who are primarily responsible for workover operational processes of well control. This curriculum identifies a body of knowledge and a set of job skills that can be used to provide well control training for workover operations personnel.
This course is designed for Contractor Superintendent, Supervisor (Rig Foreman), Crew Chiefs (driller), Frac Supervisor, Pumping Supervisor, and Hydraulic Workover Equipment Supervisor.
The course is delivered by classroom mode of training based on IADC-approved presentation and training manual by an IADC-approved tutor.
The course is deliver over 1st day and the Assessment on 4th day at the respective Training Facilities.
1. Risk Awareness and Management
2. Well Control Principles & Calculations
4. Influx Fundamentals
5. Gas Characteristics and Behavior
6. Completion and WorkOver Fluids
1. General Overview of Surface and Subsurface Wellbore Equipment
3. Well Kill in Preparation of Well Intervention
4. Special Situations
5. Organizing a Well Control Operation
1. Well Control Drills
2. Government, Industry and Company Rules, Order and Policies
3. Ancillary Considerations
4. Mock Test
Day 4: EXAMINATION
Course Certification: On the successful completion of the courses, participants will be awarded an IADC certificate featuring the candidate's name, courses title and the course completion date.